We know finding accurate, age-appropriate resources can be a challenge, and now with the new Ontario curriculum, it’s one that many Grade 6 educators are facing. If you’re unsure where to look for support, look no further! We’ve created a list of all our resources well-suited for Grade 6 students.
All of our memoirs and educational materials are free of charge for students and educators. Our memoirs have age classifications for content and maturity. All six of our 11+ memoirs are available in English. All are available in paperback and/or digital formats (PDF and ebook). Those marked with an asterisk(*) are also available as an audiobook.
- Judy Abrams – Tenuous Threads /Eva Felsenberg Marx – One of the Lucky Ones
- Claire Baum – The Hidden Package (audiobook coming soon)
- *Muguette Myers – Where Courage Lives (audiobook coming soon)
- *Margarite Élias Quddus – In Hiding
- *Morris Schnitzer – Escape from the Edge
- Margrit Rosenberg Stenge – Silent Refuge
We currently have two existing Education Programs and seven existing Education Activities that are appropriate for a middle school audience. Education programs are multi-lesson, comprehensive units of study that focus on more than one author and/or theme. Education activities are shorter, complementary resources that focus on one author or one specific aspect of the Holocaust.
- Hearing History: A Holocaust Survivor Memoir Read Aloud Program
- Hidden Children, Identity and the Holocaust: Surviving in the Margin of Catastrophe
- Judy Abrams Biography Activity
- Claire Baum Biography Activity
- Muguette Myers Biography Activity
- Marguerite Élias Quddus Biography Activity
- Margrit Rosenberg Stenge Biography Activity
- Education Disrupted Exhibit Activity
- Liberation Through the Eyes of a Hidden Child (USC Shoah Foundation)