Jewish Day School Fellowship in Holocaust Education and Commemoration
The Azrieli Foundation’s Holocaust Survivor Memoirs Program and Facing History and Ourselves Canada are proud to announce the launch of the Jewish Day School (JDS) Fellowship in Holocaust Education and Commemoration. With the aging survivor population, the rise in antisemitic incidents and the development of new teaching strategies, now is the right time to address the unique needs of Holocaust education in Jewish Day Schools while maintaining a standard of excellence in teaching.
This is an exciting opportunity for educators to showcase their approaches to Holocaust education among their colleagues and to also learn from the Fellowship leaders, who are experts in the field of Holocaust education. Fellows will discuss and reflect on Holocaust education programs and resources, as well as think critically about how to adapt teaching methods in a contemporary context. Topics for these interactive sessions will include:
- Current best practices in Holocaust education
- The unique challenges of bringing Holocaust education into Jewish Day Schools
- A future without Holocaust survivors
- Commemoration of the Holocaust with students (International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Yom HaShoah and Holocaust Education Week)
Kol HaKavod to our 2022/2023 cohort of Toronto educators from the following Jewish Day Schools:
- Robbins Hebrew Academy
- Associated Hebrew School (Danilack)
- The Leo Baeck Day School
- Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School
- Netivot HaTorah Day School
- Eitz Chaim Schools
- Montessori Jewish Day School
We're thrilled to embark on this journey together.