"Goodbye children: Go, and don't look back…"
Two little girls, Marguerite and her older sister, Henriette, hear these last words from their mother and know that they must forget everything that is familiar about their former lives in Paris. With new Catholic identities, the sisters are taken from farm to farm and convent to convent where they learn how to remain silent, how to pretend, how to lie in order to survive. Beautifully illustrated by the author, In Hiding offers us rare and poignant insight into a young child’s view of her world at war.
Introduction by Elizabeth Lasserre and Naomi Azrieli
- En bref
- Régime de Vichy
- Enfant en clandestinité
- Documents datant de la guerre
- Immigration au Canada en 1967
- Illustrations de l’auteure
- Offert en format audio
- Ressources éducatives disponibles: Hidden Children
- Hearing History: A Holocaust Survivor Memoir Read Aloud
- Marguerite Élias Quddus
Médaille d’or décernée lors des Independent Publisher Book Awards en 2008